Friday, May 3, 2013

Beautiful but Cool, Journaling and Doodling

Today looked like a perfect day...beautifully bright and sunny.   But, once again, a bit to cool to work outside comfortably.   So the 2 cubic feet of filler dirt is still in the car awaiting a warmer day.  

The dirt is going to be used to fill in some holes before planting grass seed which then needs to be watered.  And watering on a day that requires a jacket just doesn't seem to be a great idea.

On the other hand, the dandelions are coming along fine...
  
As are the flowers...

There are lots of them now.   AND the other bulbs that are ready to open are tulips!!!   I'll be sure to take pictures of them.

I once had a pink tulip garden thanks to my oldest son.   He worked for a bulb company while attending college and surprised me with all the bulbs.   They were absolutely beautiful.  But that was several moves ago.

Remember this background for a journal page?

I added more to it today...words to inspire and uplift...
It's not finished yet, but I have a good start.

I've been doodling again...

These are both larger than normal.    I'm also trying out new patterns.   (Sometimes I get into a rut.)  

The other reason I doodle is that it is relaxing to me.   It's a way of quieting my mind which can run a mile-a-minute in dozens of different directions.   I don't know about you, but I just plain get tired and need a diversion...thus, doodling.  

 I used the bottom doodle to make some inchies...

First,  I reduced the image to fit a one inch square and then printed it on card stock.   I then applied a finish - Mod Podge (what else?).  I glued a plain piece of card stock to the back - same size.   And finally I finished the edges with black marker and then sealed them, again with Mod Podge.   That way they will not separate.   

Any plans for the weekend?   I signed up for a class called 'Sticky Fingers' and now that I have the first lesson, I plan on having fun.   This lesson is all about the background.   It can be completely fabric or fabric and paint or fabric, paint and whatever else you want.   Sounds promising.    I'll post the results next week.

Be sure to have some fun yourself this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by...

See you next week...