Thursday, May 2, 2013

Herbs, Journaling and Tutorials

The weather began nice this morning but this afternoon it is cold, wet and windy...but that's better than the snow storm that is hitting the midwest.   I remember a snow storm in Minnesota in June!  Wonder if that's why I am no longer living there???

I did get some work done in the yard...trimmed a very large thorny bush to a large thorny bush.   Cleaning up the trimmings was fun...ah, no!   I also planted some herbs in containers (So I can take them with me on vacation - ? - remember, I have a trailer.).

This is my basil container.   It has Thai, Cinnamon and globe basil...

And this is my rosemay, sage and parsley container...

I think I will be getting more containers for more herbs.   Chives, marjoram, oregano, dill, peppermint, and thyme.

I also worked on more pages for my journals.   I noticed that they are lighter and lean towards pinks and summer colors.   I've been using paint to cover images to create a softer look.   I'm enjoying experimenting.   I've always looked at journaling as giving myself permission to color - outside the lines!


By the way, did you notice that there is a new thought for the month - 'Stop planning your life and start living it'.   I don't know about you, but I can get caught up with planning and planning and planning and not get around to actually doing...   Remember the book I am writing, lots of plans, less actual writing...

And if you are in the mood for one more possible time waster...in the good sense, of course...there's a great site called the Random Tutorial Generator.   I've put a link to in on my side column.   When you get to the site, you can either select a random tutorial or search the data base for a particular tutorial.   And, they are always looking for more tutorials to include.  It's actually a lot of fun.

So, back to my plans/goals for 2013.   One thing that I am going to try is to write one page a day for my book.   Not more and not less.   And, of course, only on week days.  I'm going to begin next week so I'll let you know how things proceed.   It may be one of those things to which I have to dedicate larger blocks of time.   Kind of like copying documents and pictures...but I'm not sure...so I will give this a try.

Thanks for visiting my blog...

Take some time today and do something that you enjoy...