Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday's Amusements

Last night when I walked into my studio Chip and Dale were on their 'kitty condo' looking out the window.   So I snapped my fingers to get their attention and took a picture...as you can tell, neither was too happy at being bothered...

I ran some errands today and found out something a bit frustrating to me.   Even with my strength training, I could not completely lift the wet bag of filler dirt.  I think it was about two cubic feet.   It was large and a bit unwieldy but still...  I managed to get it unto the cart but had to ask for help loading it into my vehicle. 

While out running my errands, I took more pictures of spring blooms...




Things are really beautiful and colorful...hopefully my yard will soon enjoy the colors of spring also.

As promised, I am sharing one of my journal pages.   It's still a work in progress...one of the things I am experimenting with is layering.   I am also trying to be less formal, more abstract.  How do you think I'm doing?

So how are your plans/goals for 2013 working out?   Good?   Bad?   Successful?   Frustrating?   Is it time for some adjustments or changes?

Some of mine are great.   Some, not so much!   For instance, in the area of writing, I did finish the large assignment.   But, I haven't progressed as far as I had thought I would on the book I am writing.   The planning stages are coming along, but the actual writing - not so much.

Considering exercise, I'm still working out five days a week.   But now with spring, I want to increase my outside activities to include bike riding, walking and yard work (which I do not consider work)...to just plain enjoy this beautiful world.

I've fallen behind in copying documents and pictures.   Doing it piecemeal - a few a day - does not seem to be working out.   I am going to change my approach and spend a full day on it every two weeks and see if that works better.

Well, it's time to make supper...I picked up some fresh corn, a russet potato and four large ocean  scallops.   My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

Thanks for dropping in...
See you tomorrow...

Enjoy yourself...