Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Guess What I Found?

Today was another great day.   Still needed a light jacket but it was so nice that I took out the table and chairs for the deck...

I also thought the indoor plants could use a little sunlight...

And while I was at it, I hung my two windchimes...

And yes, this big one with the great sound clears the top of the rail by about half an inch.   I love to listen to them.

So, this time when I walked around the yard, I found several more dandelions...


Yes, I do know that they are weeds, but they are so pretty...

But, then I found some real flowers...


Finally, my flowers are beginning to bloom.   And there are lots more coming...Lily of the Valley, for one.

The rest of the day I worked on swaps.   The first one is a fabric scrap swap.   Isn't that a great idea?   I decided to send the scraps in a box rather than an envelope.   Here's a picture of about half the scraps that I have for this swap...
That's about two inches deep in this shot.   

And finally, the last mail art postcard.   (I didn't have time to try the picture again today but I will try it tomorrow.   After looking through my scraps, I found lots more fabrics to try.)  This is what I came up with...
It's a little different than my normal doodles.   The little poem at the bottom left corner reads:   "Dream your dreams!   Live your life!   And watch your hope!  Rise to the light!".   So what I tried to do was create the illusion that the letters were raised.   It has a nice shiny finish...several coats.   I took this after applying the last coat which is why the poem is a bit hazy.

Well, tomorrow I will post some journal pages and share some of my thoughts about my plans/goals for this year.   Hope you're checking yours over to make any adjustments you might want to try.

Thanks for spending some time here...
See you tomorrow...

Enjoy yourself...