Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Wonders!!

I hope your Memorial Day Weekend was enjoyable.   It finally stopped raining so I could mow the lawn on Memorial Day - as did my neighbors.   It was tough going...I measured grass 16 inches tall.  And I think the front yard was planted with a cover crop, not grass.   But, I did manage to get it all done.   Check out the grass clippings.   Yes, I know I should rake them, but I was just thankful to have the grass cut...

Walking around the yard showed an abundance of flowers.   First, my lilacs are open and smelling heavenly...



I didn't even know there were white lilacs!!!

Looks like the camellias are next...


And a few others - red tulips, pink bleeding hearts and a big question mark - is it a flower or a weed?



Fabric scraps?   Well, I had to change boxes.   There boxes are roughly 13 by 15 inches.   It's actually easier to look through the scraps with this size box.   Mostly, though, I changed because the other containers were not big enough.   So, I have a box of blacks, browns, beiges, whites and yellows...

A box of pinks, reds and oranges...

A box of blues and maroons (I'm just beginning these colors.)...

And greens...

And these are the piles of fabric that I have finished...


And these are the piles I haven't finished...

Chip and Dale decided that they wanted to get into the act today...

They are wonderful companions, but sometimes they drive me crazy...sounds like kids, right?

There's a new weekly prompt up.   Check it out.   It would be nice to see how you work with this one.  I'll share mine later this week.

Thanks for stopping by...

See you tomorrow...