Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

No, this is not a current photograph...I just thought I would post it to remind myself that there really are blue skies!!!   It's raining right now...again...and the forecast is for more rain.  (Sigh)

So it's Memorial Day Weekend...have you got lots of plans?   I actually do...a three day celebration of Kirkegaard.    Guess that doesn't sound to exciting to some folks...but I think it will be interesting.   It begins tonight with the movie 'The Seventh Seal'.

A couple hours later...
Just got home from the movie...it was pouring down rain most of the way...Do I sound repetitive?...anyway, the movie was thought provoking.   I think it was produced about 1957, in Swedish, and dealt with basic questions of life and religion around a knight coming home from the crusades who questions what his life was all about while playing chess with death.   I know, sounds weird.   But, I think the questions the knight contemplated are questions that apply today.

So, no, I didn't get a picture taken of my fabric samples.    You're really not missing much.  (I simply have to finish this project!   Wish me luck!)

I had another great treat today, though.  First of all, I visited some of my very best friends.   And, one of them gave me some wonderful things.   Books about watercolor and journaling for one thing.   But, the greatest things were a book on creating fabric landscapes, fantastic landscape fabrics and a free motion sewing machine foot.   These are definitely coming on vacation with me.   What?   Of course it's coming...I never leave without my sewing machine...  

Forecast for the weekend?   Rain!   Monday, however, looks like it might be just partly cloudy.   Maybe I'll be able to slog through the lawn and get it mowed...unless it's under water.   We're under a flood warning...just sayin'...

Have a great weekend.   Hope you are celebrating with family and friends.

Thanks for dropping in...see you next week...