Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cars and Creations...

Well, I got the verdict on the car.   It wasn't as bad as it could have been.   Turned out that there was a leak in the radiator.   Getting a new one tomorrow!   But I want to stick around for a couple weeks to make sure everything is okay.   So summer vacation plans are changing fast.

(Short Story:   The last time I left on a trip, I had some repairs done on the car, left the next day only to have the car break down in Baltimore.   Had to have the problem refixed plus other stuff that went wrong because of it.   Cost me $3000.   Not going to repeat that little adventure.)

I played some more with my journal page...
I've added some lace and yarn as well as writing.   I'm enjoying the process.

I also finished the basket.   Now that I have worked with newspaper yarn, I have a better feel for what it can and can't do.   The basket is actually cute.   I used all the yarn I made, so I will be working on making more before I try another basket.  

I didn't paint it, only applied some Mod Podge.   But, if you painted it brownish, it would look like small twigs bent into shape...



Here's today's Index Card Art...

I got two new herbs to replace the ones that died.   Regular basil and chives.   They are looking good as are the other herbs.   I have already harvested quite a bit.   I place the cut herbs on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven.   I do have a dehydrator - think I will get that down next.



I haven't posted any texture pictures lately.   I took this of the building next door.   It's a unique picture...

Looks like we are going to be visited by the remains of the first hurricane in a couple of days...more rain.   They have already posted a flood watch!!!   At least the yard is mowed for this week!!!

Thanks for spending some time here...

Talk to you tomorrow...