Tuesday, August 13, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 13 and STORMY WEATHER

It's very dark this morning.   I checked the radar and the storm coming is pretty big with lots of yellow and red.   So I thought I would share some of my stormy weather pictures...



I actually like to walk the beach when it's overcast and stormy - unless there is lightening.   Then I prefer a safer venue.

Someone asked about my set up for taking inchie pictures...
I folded a piece of heavy cardboard (6" X 12") in half.   And then I cut white piece of paper and placed it over the cardboard to cut the shine.   I also cut a piece of black construction paper that would fit over the cardboard for taking pictures with a black background.  

I then took two pieces of black construction paper (9" X 12") and folded in half.   Then I place the folded cardboard between the two pieces of black construction paper.   If needed, I can place a piece of construction paper over the top.   Works fine for me and it folds up very nicely when I do not need it.

Here's INCHIE CHALLENGE 13.   I call it The Weaving...
For the background, I used a candy wrapper (cleaned, of course) to cover the base.   I then took two contrasting pieces of heavy handmade paper, cutting one into strips and the other into fringe.   I then wove the two together.   

It was actually a bit more time consuming than I thought it would be, but the results were quite unique.   The photo does not capture the texture as much as I would like.   I was going to add something on top of the weaving but I liked the woven texture so much I chose not to add anything.

Well, I hear the thunder in the background, so I will post this now before the storm hits.   Hope you have a great day...

Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...