Monday, August 12, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 12 and A WALK AROUND THE YARD

I hope everyone had a great weekend.   Not too many left before September gears up and fall follows closely behind...preseason football is already in it's second week!!!

I took a walk around the yard to see if anything was blooming...
hostas were flowering...

tiger lilies still going...

have no idea what this is but it sure is beautiful...

 and these have made a comeback..

And now onto Inchie Challenge 12 called Library Books...


I glued a reddish brown piece of designer paper to the base.   The edges were trimmed with black permanent ink.   I cut a piece of designer paper for the label, used a permanent marker to print 'Library' and attached with glue. To make the books, I cut three covers in different colors and sizes out of cardstock weight paper.   

After decorating the covers with a fine permanent black marker, I cut several sheets of white paper for each book, each piece a bit smaller than the cover.   After folding the pieces of white paper in half, I glued each piece to the cover by placing the glue on the folded edge first and attaching it to the 'spine' of the book.

Again, another easy inchie to create.  

Thanks for visiting today...
There's a new journal prompt posted...
See you tomorrow...