Sunday, August 18, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 18 and LIGHTHOUSES

Well, today was another day for the lighthouses here in Maine...this time with my son, the chef.  

We first went to the Spring Point Lighthouse.   I didn't walk out on the rocks because my knees are a bit under the weather and jumping from rock to rock didn't seem like a good idea right now...

Next we went to the 'Bug' lighthouse, nicknamed  because it is so small.   But, unlike the Spring Point Lighthouse which is no longer functioning, the 'Bug' lighthouse is still in operation...

While here, we saw the 'Liberty Ship' Memorial...very unique.   The memorial is in the shape of the hull of a ship...


Next, after a quick stop at a doughnut shop, we went to the Portland Head Light Lighthouse...

And from there we could see the Ram Island Ledge Lighthouse...

I'm getting to know all the lighthouse around Portland, Maine rather well and I enjoy everyone.

So, here's today's challenge inchie...'News and Promises'

I guess seeing the Liberty Ship Memorial influenced me...thinking about wars and end of wars.   Destruction and rebuilding.   Peace and dreams...

I glued on a piece of old newsprint designer paper to the base as well as rolling up a piece to look like a newspaper being delivered.   I added the words Peace and Dream to remind folks to remember and then cherish peace and dreams.  The star is to remember all those who gave their lives that we may have peace and time to dream...

Football tonight!!!

Thanks for checking in today...
See you tomorrow...