Tuesday, August 6, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 6

I thought I would share four more pictures of the beach at York, Maine with you...




Now, when I took these pictures most of the folks had already left the beach.   Why, you ask?   It was still sunny and warm.   However,  the tide was coming in.   As a matter of fact, it had already swallowed up about twenty feet of the beach!   The interesting thing is that when it is high tide, the beach completely disappears.  

I was standing in front of a rock wall when I took the pictures.   There are stairs leading down from the top of the rocks to the beach...about twenty of them.   So when it's high tide, the water is all the way up to the rocks.  Interesting...

I decided to continue with the water theme and made this inchie which I call Moonlight Sailing...

Again, a very simple inchie to make.   I glued a piece of blue designed paper on top of the base and used the 1/4 inch blue paper tape on the edges.   The moon is made with a paper punch on yellow paper.   The sailboat is freehand cut out of white cardstock - two pieces, one for the boat and one for the sail which is glued to the boat.  

There is a circle of white styrofoam (from a meat tray, washed, of course) to which the boat is glued to and which, in turn, is glued to the base.   The blue 'water' is simply blue glitter attached with glue to the bottom of the boat and to the base at the bottom of the boat.

As I said, I will be showing very simple designs during the first couple of weeks so that you all realize how much fun and easy it is to begin making inchies.   I really hope you will try a few.   And if you want to swap inchies later on, join me at Roses On My Table.   Just sign up and check out the next swap information.

Thanks for visiting today...
See you tomorrow...