Wednesday, September 11, 2013

From the Sublime to the Rediculous

Okay, yesterday was cold, wet and gray.   High in the mid 60's.   Guess what the temperature is today?   Right now, at 5:45pm it is 91 degrees and sunny!!!  All I can say is - WOW!!!   And they are calling for rain for the next three days.

One excellent thing...my house stays cool (which is good because I do not have air-conditioning).   And the warm sunny day was fortunate because I needed to get some laundry done and until today, the weather was not cooperative.

I am involved in a mail art swap and today I did get some postcards put together.   The leaves are done with watercolor.   I used a page from an old (1918) Good Housekeeping magazine for the background, antiquing it with orange and brown stamps.



I also made a collage of some of my pictures taken out and about in Maine...


The studio is still a mess, but I'm getting there....two boxes are packed for Goodwill, third one up and started.  You know, it is nice to get rid of things that I know I will not use again, but others may enjoy having the opportunity to try out.

Remember my goal is to keep about 1/4th of the stuff that I had in storage.   It's taking a bit longer than I anticipated because most of the 'stuff' was in boxes, not furniture.   Actually, I have very little furniture, but even there, I will be getting rid of some of the larger pieces.  

I figure that I will be in a studio apartment in NYC and won't have room for much anyway...so why not edit my belongings now rather than when I can't move because I brought too much 'stuff' with me.

Thanks for dropping in...
Keep cool if it's warm where you are...
See you tomorrow...