Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A BUSY DAY...

Do you ever wonder where the time goes?   Okay, okay,  I can hear you answer, 'Are You Kidding?' Well, today was busy...laundry, finishing up moving from one bedroom to another, bringing in things from Duchess, straightening out grandchild's things...oh and fixing up some things that got broken in Duchess on the last trip from The Rocky Mountain National Park.

For instance, the bar between the doors on the kitchen cupboard above the sink area came loose during that rocky drive back to Utah.   The cupboard is not in danger of coming down, but it could droop a bit if not fixed.  

I used two flat brackets with screw holes at each end for the top of the bar and one l-shaped bracket at the bottom.   The bottom had not come loose but I figured I might as well add the bracket just in case.
I could have easily fixed everything if I added the brackets on the outside but that would not have looked very nice.   So I made the repairs from the inside.  Now picture this...

I am using a drill much too large - all my small ones are in the apartment in NYC - doing everything backwards, making sure I do not lean on the cupboard and in a space that is very small!!!   Get the idea?

As I said, making the repairs on the outside would have been easy and taken...oh...about ten minutes. Making them on the inside took the better part of two hours....TWO HOURS!!!   But it's done and things are back in place ready for the next trip which will be in about two weeks.   The last time I have fun in Duchess for the year.   Kind of sad...I really like that trailer.

On a more upbeat note, do you like gardening shows?   I think I have posted about this show before but I really enjoy watching it.   AND, all the complete episodes are on the internet free to watch.   It's called 'Growing a Greener Garden'.  

If you remember and liked the old 'Victory Garden Show' on PBS, you will like this show because it really does deal with gardening...all types of gardening with lots and lots of information.  

Plus, there's a short cooking segment with Chef Nathan Lyon.   He really encourages cooking fresh, locally grown food in ways that highlight the taste without a lot of fuss and extra heavy ingredients.
Check it out if you like gardening...I'm pretty sure you will like this show.

Well, I think that I will be calling it a day...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...