Monday, July 27, 2015

CHANGES and MORE FABRIC!!!

This month's theme was change...and I can certainly say that things are a-changing.   Do you realize that August is a few short days away?   That means it's time to gear up for school if you have folks still attending school.  I don't but I am still into that mindset...even though it's been almost a decade since one of my children was in school/college.

I am still out west...will be for a few more weeks at least.   I am really wondering at the change in the weather out here.   Cool and even humid at times.   Where did that hot, dry weather go?   From what my friends and family talk about, back east it has been pretty hot.

We had a front move in today...temps really did not get out of the 60's...with very strong winds.   It was hard to even open the trailer door much less get in without being slammed by the door closing behind me.   Reminded me of one of the pictures I took at Rocky Mountain National Park...

Isn't that an interesting cloud?

I found a little quilt shop about a mile away...way to close!!!   I was good, though, I only purchased some remnants...

I saw Jamie Fingal on The Quilt Show last week and thought it would be fun to make some 'happy pictures' quilt hangings.   I don't have my sewing machine with me but I could get them all made the 'Jamie Final' way and quilt them when I get back to NYC.   Thank goodness I brought my iron and a small ironing board.   Now I can iron on some Misty Fuse!

Well, tomorrow looks like it will be repeat of today...cool, windy weather.

There's a new weekly journal posted...this time you get to dream about the change you want.
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...