Tuesday, August 4, 2015

GETTING READY FOR THE BEGINNING

August...it's already August!   I remember when this was the month that my thoughts turned to
'preparing for school'.   With four kids, that meant clothes shopping, getting school supplies and trying to squeeze more summer fun while beginning to introduce a routine of sorts.  If you have, or had kids, you can identify, right?

But the important thing was that September was also a 'new beginning' for me.  I always treated New Year's as a small 'new beginning' because the really big 'new beginning' for me was September. And the thing is that even though I no longer have children at home, I still treat September as my 'new beginning'.  What about you?

So, August is the month that I will explore what I want to accomplish between September 1 and the end of 2015.   In the past, a great deal of those accomplishments centered around my profession and the fall/winter holidays.   But these days, I am looking at events to enjoy, exhibitions to attend, classes to take, places to explore, fiber artwork to create, writing to finish and groups to join. Exciting possibilities!!!

I know that many of you have enjoyed a heat wave of sorts.   I thought you might like this picture I took while in the Rockies...

I am still in Utah and will be until the end of the month.   Our visiting family and friends have departed and arrived home safely, which means things have slowed down a bit.   So, I have been working on some Zentangles.   Here is one that I recently finished...

And here is one that I am working on...

There's a new monthly thought posted...'On your mark, get ready...'   As I said, September was a new beginning for me.   And maybe in someway, it can be for you.  

The new week journal prompt is 'It's time to...'  Maybe you can think about what it's time to do related to getting ready for a new beginning.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...