Wednesday, August 5, 2015

MY LATEST ZENTANGLE and CAMERA ACCESSORIES FOR AN IPHONE

ZENTANGLES...
As I told you yesterday, I am back to creating zentangles.   I really enjoy working on them while I am listening to my podcasts.   I am now finding it an even more relaxing endeavor than in the past.   Remember this photo...
 
This is what the finished creation looks like...

And here is the beginning of my next one...

CAMERA ACCESSORIES FOR MY IPHONE...
To be honest, I really didn't even know these existed until my son showed me the ones he picked up for his phone.   I fell in love with them immediately.   Of course, I do love small things!   So, I ordered a set (YOPO - And no, I have no affiliation with this company at all.)   There were several different sets on Amazon.  

This picture shows what came in the box with two exceptions.   There was a case for the 5 iPhone included.   And the small camera on the clip (at the top) was not.

Why do I like it?   Well, I can take a lot more photos, especially long distance, without having to lug my big camera around.   And this is great for my jaunts into Manhattan.   A plus for me is the case which I have never gotten around to purchase is included and that saves me anything from $15 to $39.   (You need the case to attach the lenses.)

To show you how much the large lens magnifies, this is a picture at the largest zoom on my iPhone...

And this is the same picture with the added lens...

This is what the fishbowl lens looks like...

And this is the wide angle lens...

I am still experimenting with the lenses and today was not the best day for taking pictures but I think once I have more experience, I will be using this set a lot.   And dropping it into my purse on those walks throughout the city will be a lot easier than the bigger camera.

The other lens on the clip is a microscopic lens with a light attached.   It's more for fun than anything else.   This is a picture of the basket taken without the microscopic lens...

And this is with it...

The YOPO set was around $39.00 and the extra lens around $10.   Not super cheap but not extravagant.  And when I think of all the long distance pictures I can take without using my Cannon, I am absolutely ecstatic.

So, have you come up with any plans for September?   I have done a lot of searching on the internet for ideas and found a ton.   One thing I have to consider is cost.   After spending $6,000 on Lady J, my disposable (interesting term...is any money really disposable?) funds have dwindled to very little.
So many of the things I am looking at are free.   And let me tell you, the libraries in the city offer a ton of things to take part in.

Well, that's all for now...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...