Thursday, October 29, 2015

ROSES AND FINAL MOVING ADVENTURE PLANS

On my way to catch the subway to the Bronx for my Thursday lunch, I ran across two beautiful roses each with a delightful but different smell...


I always stop now to smell the roses.   And the people who grow the roses are always very friendly. Who knew that roses could lead to friendships?   Are there roses growing where you live?   To be honest, with the pounding rain and extremely high winds the past couple of days, I was surprised to see that there were still roses intact.

It was a nice day today, warmer than I thought it would be...after all this is the end of October.   The forecast is calling for temperatures in the 70's. I remember Halloweens when I took my children trick or treating in snowsuits.   Go figure.   But the seasons are changing.

On the way home, this tree caught my eye...
Sure is a beauty!!

Everything is set for the final moving adventure this coming Saturday.   Truck rented.   Helpers lined up.   All that remains is driving up to Beacon, loading the truck and driving back to Brooklyn. We hope to pick up the truck AND return it on Saturday.  I think I know the route to the 4th Avenue drop off place by heart now!

I saw my youngest son's apartment for the first time this evening.   It's a very large L-shaped studio, with three closets, a full bath and a separate alley kitchen.   I think he will enjoy the space very much.

I'm looking forward to getting my apartment organized.   I am really looking forward to arranging my studio and getting back to creating.

I have to say, though, that I have been working more on my book and it is really coming together.   At least in my mind!!   While riding the subway up and back to/from the Bronx, I was able to put the final outline together.   That's a great feeling.   Now all I have to do is finish writing it...in HTML The writing I'm not worried about, the HTML...well, that's a different story.   It's easy and I think I remember a good deal of it, but it is cumbersome to say the least.

Tomorrow is Alternate Side of the Street for me so I have to move Lady J.   And that means errand day...grocery shopping including treats for the trick or treaters, paying bills, mailing cards, etc. Shopping on days when the car has to be moved seems to be the norm for me.

Well, that's all for now...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...