Monday, October 26, 2015

STUFF HERE, MORE STUFF COMING, LOTS OF STUFF LEAVING

Well, I'm not sure where Wednesday's post went...I did write one via my phone and sent it.   Now I'm wondering where it landed.   Into whose inbox it decided to fly.

So, why didn't you hear from me at the end of last week?  Thursday, I spent the day getting ready for the rest of my stuff.   Friday, I drove up to Maine getting there around eleven at night.   Saturday, up early, picked up the truck at UHaul...not the one I ordered...much larger...but same price.   Went to the storage place, loaded up the truck and was on my way by 9am.

Both the trip up and back were very easy.   By the time we (me driving Lady J and my middle son driving the truck) got back to Brooklyn, we were too tired to empty out the truck.   So, Sunday morning we did...actually, my youngest and middle sons did.

One thing they mentioned was that the four pieces of furniture were not that light.   But their reasoning was interesting.   The pieces are old and made of real wood...thus very solid...make that heavy.   But, everything is here as you can see...well, some of it is in the hallway which you can't really see.   Trust me, it's there...


I actually forgot about two pieces of furniture.  One, the lawyer's shelf which is in pieces and the other another long narrow sofa table which means I have two of them.   There is one more piece of furniture coming which has completely changed my studio plans.

My youngest son has a dresser which he will not be using.   The more I thought about it, the more attractive the idea became to use it in my studio for storage.   It would take the place of a lot of plastic rolling shelves which is a plus.   The minus is that I would have to take down all the small containers on the wall.   After thinking about it, the dresser won.   It's coming next Saturday...yes, another moving day.   At least we are only going to Beacon, NY.

So, my apartment is going to stay quite a mess until then.   Also, all during the week, my youngest son will be moving his stuff out of my apartment into his own.   I decided to wait until all the moving is done before rearranging my apartment.   I do, however, have a plan in mind.

Today, I took out a roast and used up all the vegetables where were on the verge of going bad, but were still good...

The meat turned out fork tender and the taste exquisite.   I also had some apples and oranges which needed to be used, so I made a sauce which I really, really loved...

All I did was core the apples and cut into small pieces including skin. I also cut the oranges into small pieces including skin, about 8 per orange.   Put it all in a pan with some water, about 1/8 cup sugar, some cinnamon and cloves.

After cooking long enough for the apples to turn to mush, I took out the orange pieces, squeezing out all the juice.   Then I used a submersion blender to blend everything. Better than any store bought sauce.  Period!

Well, that's all I got for now...
Still recovering from the weekend...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...