Monday, November 30, 2015

GOALS

I can truthfully say that I almost had my fill of football these past four days.   Almost, but not quite.   I really did enjoy watching and listening to the games.   Some were really bad and others were really good.   By that I mean that some scores were lopsided and teams not well matched and others went right down to the wire on who would win.  No matter, I loved them all!

But, now, I guess that slide into the winter holidays begins in earnest. I love going into Manhattan on Black Friday...not to shop, just to enjoy the crowds and, of course, window shop.   But with so many games scheduled, I stayed home and...you know...watched football.

I did join about a million of my fellow shoppers and shopped online, tho.   And, if I have it figured out right, all my shopping is done!!!

I thought I would update my goals so far...
WORK ON BOOK OF MEDITATIONS:   I haven't been as attentive to this goal over the past couple of weeks as I would like.   And I think that the next few weeks will not see much improvement.   Have to really work on this goal.
BRING REMAINDER OF FURNITURE DOWN TO NYC - DONE
CREATE A MORE PERMANENT HOME/STUDIO - DONE
DECORATE FOR FALL - DONE (Time to decorate for Christmas!!!)
ATTEND QUILTER'S TAKE MANHATTAN - DONE
JOIN CRAFT/QUILT ORGANIZATION - DONE
EAT BETTER - not counting the past four days, I am doing well
REGULAR EXERCISE - hit and miss daily, but I do get my exercise in weekly
LEARN GIMP - have really put this on the side lately
LEARN TO JUGGLE - as I said, this may be hopeless
GEAR UP FOR LONG BIKE RIDES - this is probably going to wait until spring
LOSE FIVE POUNDS EACH MONTH - so far so good (but I did add a couple over this past weekend, they will be added to the five I want to lose)
BEGIN PLANNING AND CREATING GIFTS FOR THE HOLIDAYS - I am about 75% done!
CONTINUE EXPLORING NYC - yep

Overall, not too shabby.   But I think I need to make new goals for this month.   Deleting those I have finished and adding a couple.

Speaking of goals, I was reading a great article about goal making on one of the blogs I follow.   You can read it here at Simple. Organized. Life.

One way to think about goals is SMART:
Specific
Measurable
Actionable
Realistic
Time-bound

One of my biggest problems with goals is that they are not always realistic.  It's like my eyes at a feast, they always fill my plate with far more food than I can eat.   Sometimes my goals are just plain not doable at least in the time allotted.

Looking at a list of goals that haven't been achieved can be pretty devastating.   But a lot of times, I think we/I set ourselves up for failure by either setting the goals too high or having too many.  What do you think?   Have you every set your goals so high that you can't achieve them?  

Well, I am redoing my goals for the next month and will be sharing them with you tomorrow after I get home.   I am taking a load of stuff to donate...really, Lady J is full.   And I feel lighter by not having to deal with all the 'stuff' that I no longer need nor want.   But that's another story for another day.  

New monthly thought posted as well as a new weekly journal.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...