Tuesday, December 1, 2015
No, my tree isn't up yet. This picture is from the Christmas I spent in an old home in Portland, Maine. I posted it to give me a bit of a boost to get the tree up this week...yes, this week. A feat! As you can see, I 'stuff' my trees full.
If you read the article on goal setting I suggested yesterday, you can easily see some of my goal setting mistakes. The word SMART really does help. That is: Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, Time-Bound. With those ideas in mind I set my goals for this month.
1. Take down and pack away the fall decorations this week
2. Unpack and sort Christmas decorations - giving away those decorations I no longer want/need - this week
3. Decorate the apartment with remaining Christmas decorations - finish by Sunday evening
4. Purchase presents, wrap and send by December 14th
5. Finish making ornaments, package and send by December 14th
6. Exercise daily: 5 chair reps 3 times daily; 10 curl reps 3 times daily; 2 one minute balance reps 3 times daily
7. Exercise weekly: Walk minimum 15 miles
8. Practice juggling ten minutes five days a week
9. Write one hour a day, five days a week
10. Read 30 minutes daily
11. Write/publish blog five weekdays
12. Spend one hour non-directed creativity
13. Lose five pounds plus those I gained on Thanksgiving by end of the month
14. Explore five NYC adventures this month
Okay, there you have it. My goals for this month. Think I can achieve them? I hope so.
It's been raining all day here. I managed to drive out to Amityville, NY to drop off my donations and check out the thrift store which is really great. I also did a bit of shopping on the way back. I made it just in time to get a parking spot....whew! Like I said, if you're not here between 4 and 4:30, you may have to park several blocks away.
That's all for today...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...