Wednesday, November 18, 2015

LIFE, MIRACLES, ORNAMENTS


Today was an thought provoking day.   It began with a meditation about how we forget to look at the world through the eyes of a child and see all the wonder and miracles that abound.   Later on, while reading one of the blogs that I follow, I came upon this quote from Albert Einstein "There are two ways to live your life.  One is though nothing is a miracle.   The other is as if everything is."

Interesting coincidence?  As I was pondering the two I remembered a picture I recently took of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge where the only thing that really stood out was the top of the support closest to Brooklyn.   The rest of the area was enshrouded in a fog, some heavy, some light. Miracles...some just shine.   Others are less visible.

As I think about my life from this somewhat advanced age, I can remember times that things worked out just right.   Miracle?   Then, there were other times when things just plain fell apart but I managed to live through it and even gain a bit of knowledge about myself.   Miracle?

I think that I would rather live my life as if everything is a miracle.   Oh, maybe not the Hollywood, supernatural type of miracle.   But more like the everyday ordinary miracle.   One that makes your heart sing and your smile light up.

It's not a way to think that everything will have that wonderful Hollywood ending and work out right. Rather it's a way to realize that life is a gift and to accept it with joy even with all of it's ups and downs.

So how about you?   Do you look at life as one continuous miracle? Or are there none?

Well, I have been working on the ornaments that I want to give this year to my family.   I finished making several of the easy ornaments I told you about on Monday.   I also make tassels to attach to the bottom as well as woven hangars to attach to the top.

I have crocheted a couple more of the stocking ornaments as well as folded several Moravian Stars which need to be dipped in wax.   At this point, I think I will have six ornaments made for each family.

Pictures coming tomorrow...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...