Thursday, November 19, 2015

ORNAMENTS and DINING TABLE CHAIRS

I finally got the chairs for my table.   Now, these are very, very old chairs that have been through the wringer and back.   Simple wooden chairs that were used for choir chairs, Sunday School chairs, family dining chairs, in the dining area at a school in the Bronx and finally back to me.

Best of all, they are still solid, in one piece and not wiggly at all.   Course, they do need some tender loving wood care but that will happen this week.   So here they are in all their simplicity...

And the really neat thing is that they fit under the table so well that they do not take up any extra room in the dining area.   Oh, and the tablecloth was one made by my grandmother.

And I did promise you a picture of the ornaments I am making so far...

I will be adding a jingle bell and a hanger to the crocheted stocking and a scarf and hanger to the winter hat. The white Moravian Stars will be dipped in clear wax with clear glitter and strung on fishing line. The easy ornament that I told you about on Monday is complete.  I did make the tassel and woven hanger.

Today was quite warm - mid sixties - but very windy and rainy so I did not make my normal jaunt to the Bronx for lunch.   Have to say that I missed seeing all the kids working in the kitchen.   You would not believe the fantastic food these high school kids produce in their restaurant...

Turkey Day next week.   I normally go to the Thanksgiving Parade and love it.   But this year, I am going to do something a bit different.   I will be going to Manhattan on Wednesday, meeting family, have a light supper and then walk to Central Park and watch them fill the balloons for the parade.   I did this years ago and believe me, it was just as crowded as the parade but lots of fun because you can get close to the balloons.

I've also decided to make the traditional Thanksgiving Meal.   I haven't done that in a few years and am looking forward to cooking. So, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?   Whatever they are, I hope you are looking forward to the celebration.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...