Monday, December 21, 2015

LESSON LEARNED, BAKING ALMOST DONE, CHRISTMAS COMING!

First of all, I want to share a lesson about following recipes.   When I made my icebox fruitcake, the recipe said to butter the dish before packing in the fruitcake.  It should have said LINE THE PAN WITH PLASTIC WRAP...let me repeat that...LINE THE PAN WITH PLASTIC WRAP!

I tried taking the fruitcake out of the pan...no go except in pieces.   So, I lined the pan, repacked the fruitcake into the pan.   And now it lifts out without any problems.   Of course, I now remembered my mother-in-law lining her pan with waxed paper when she made it...better late than never.

Remember this photo?

Well, all of that 'stuff' now looks like this...

I used to have large Christmas tins to keep the cookies and cupcakes in, but I gave them all away during one of my moves.   These containers aren't are pretty, but they do the job.   Remember, there are other items like the plum pudding, actually, I make cranberry pudding instead, and the icebox fruitcake are in the frig, not on the table.

I still have lefsa and krumkaka on my list of things to make.   Those are on schedule for tomorrow.

I have actually been under the weather since Thursday...with cold symptoms.   I am beginning to feel better and am now on the mend.   I wanted to go out and visit all the places with special Christmas decorations but rather than go out in the rain, I think I will wait until next week.   They will all be up so I can still see them.

The weather really is something.   This Thursday is supposed to be in the low 70's...last I checked this was the third week in December.   Think something is amiss?  The highs this week are in the 60's and 70's.   I think I can safely rule out a White Christmas here in NYC.

Hope all your plans are coming together...
I think mine are with some delays like being out and about...
New weekly journal post.   Spend a few minutes just thinking about it.
Thanks for dropping by...
Relax, take it easy, enjoy the moment...it's a lot easier than stressing out...
Talk to you tomorrow...between Bowl Games!!!!