Friday, December 18, 2015

BAKING HAS BEGUN

Even though I woke up with the beginnings of a cold - you know, headache, sneezing, coughing, and feeling just plain miserable - I decided that I really needed to do some baking.   So with the aid of some cold meds I turned on the stove and began...

So this...

...will become all that baked goods that I told you about yesterday.

Today, I worked on the fruitcake cupcakes turning this batter...

...into these cupcakes...

And, yes, I sampled a couple.   They turned out just great.   The only drawback is that I only have two six muffin pans so I could only bake a dozen at a time.   Before downsizing, I used to have three twelve muffin pans.   It took a little longer but I got the first double batch baked.   Tomorrow the second double batch.

I also made the icebox fruitcake.   It looks a little weird, a little pink (from the cherry juice) but before packing it into a loaf pan I did sample a bit.  Very good.   Very rich.

One note, there are many recipes online for icebox fruitcake.   The recipe I used included sweetened condensed milk.   You really have to get your hands in there and mix it up well because the milk has a tendency to clump up.   

So that was my day...baking and resting.   And watching some Christmas Movies. A neat way to spend the day...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you on Monday...

Can you believe that Christmas is less than a week away?  Hope your plans are coming together.