Thursday, January 21, 2016

ADVENTURES IN MY MIND???

I think that my journal page developed into something that forced me to think about...well, the adventures in my mind.   I wish I could remember what musician said "I live my life in my mind." That's not the exact quote but it is close.  Remember how the journal page began...

I got to thinking about that quote as this week's journal page developed.   Chaos and Order.   Making Order out of Chaos?   Learning to live with the two realities of Chaos and Order?   Learning to tame the Chaos and mess up the Order?  Maybe Chaos and Order signify that I need to pay attention to...to what? My life?   My plans?   My goals?   My dreams?  The page continued...

The page literally took on a life of its own.  Does that ever happen to you?   You're in the zone and things just happen without direction?   Well, that's how this page developed.   It was as if someone else was telling me what to do.  And, again, it continued with more marks...

I have to say that when I journal, either writing or mixed-media, I try not to plan the journal post, just let it happen.   But, every once in a while, an experience like the one above happens.   When it does, I figure that it signifies that I really need to take note of the experience and, in this case, the journal page.  This is where I have stopped for now...

See that title 'Adventures of the mind!!!', well, it's slanting upwards...maybe because it's a hard slog to figure things out?  Of course, figuring out what it all means...well, that's a different animal anyway. Maybe I'm to close to the trees to actually see the forest all around me, or is it the other way around? It might even be obvious to you but to me...well, I think there's some pondering in store for me.

By the way, here's another couple of the tags.   I am keeping current in making them, just not photographing them...

And the forecast for the winter storm...Did you know that they name winter storms?  I didn't!   This upcoming storm is called Jonas...at first was really big.   Then it was forecast a little less troublesome. But now, it has gotten bigger.   They are calling for blizzard conditions from 6am Saturday to 1pm Sunday with again a larger amount of snow.  But it's the ice that worries me.   Snow, I love.   Ice, not so much.   Stay tuned.

Tomorrow I will be braving the grocery store and picking up items for myself and both boys - actually, two of my sons, not Chip and Dale!!!

Keep warm or cool as the weather dictates and enjoy the rest of your day...

Thanks for coming by...
Talk to you tomorrow...