Tuesday, January 12, 2016

STILL UP

My Christmas Tree that is...

I don't even think about taking it down until after the Superbowl, in other words, at least February!  I don't know about you but it takes a while to decorate for Christmas and I do not begin until after Thanksgiving.   I figure that if I am going to go to the effort of decorating, I am going to have enough time to enjoy it.

Before retiring, this was one of the busiest time in my professional life, so I really didn't even have time to enjoy the tree until after all the Christmas Celebrations were over.   Thus, the longer time evolved.

What I like about this time...when the hustle and bustle of the holidays are a memory but the lights still twinkle...is the slowness, the time to just sit...and think...and dream...and remember.  I read, listen to music, crochet, browse through craft books and simply just be present to the moment.

And I like to dream...to think about what I really want to do, to be, in the coming year.  And that brings me to a question.   What do you dream about doing this year?   What dream do you want to work for?  Why not take a few minutes and think about that question?

It doesn't have to be a 'what'.   It could be a 'where'.   Or, a 'when'.   Or, all three!  And, if you're like me, you have lots of dreams.   The idea is to pare it down to a few and leave the rest for future dreaming.

So, to give you an idea of what my dreams are:  
1.  I want to finish a book that I have been writing for over a year now.
2.  I want to continue on my journey of health through exercise and diet...notice I said exercise first!
3.  I want to find a local community to be a part of
4.  I want to continue to simplify my life both physically (as in things) and mentally (as in...everything else?)

It would appear that two of those dreams (numbers 1 and 3) are concrete and the other two, maybe more abstract.   But, actually, all four are very concrete in nature.   What I need to do is really refine how I want to accomplish more health.   For instance, I did purchase equipment to make my bike stationery so I can use it this winter. I could aim for biking several miles at a time.

And for the fourth dream, I want to continue to give away things that I no longer enjoy, have duplicates or do not need.   There will always be a convenient box somewhere in my apartment to stash things to donate.   And I anticipate a run to my favorite thrift store once a month at the very least.

Well, I hope this has given you some ideas to think about.   Why not write down four dreams/goals/plans that you want to accomplish this year and we'll take it from there later this week.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...
PS.   Last night's game was really good no matter who your favorite team was!!!!