Monday, February 15, 2016

SNOW, RAIN, COLD, WARM ????

It's snowing heavily right now.   The past two days have been very cold.   This morning when I was out, it was cold but the temperature is rising and will continue to do so throughout the night.   And that means that the snow will turn to rain.   Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be in the mid 50's.

Remember that blank sheet of artist paper that I was going to play with in connection with last week's journal post.   Well, I decided to first play with acrylics and this is what happened...
So this is what 'connecting with myself' means to me...huh?   Kind of weird, isn't it?   I decided to play with some tissue paper next...
The little white dots are really glitter embedded in the tissue paper.   The overall effect was to mute the colors.   Okay, what was that saying about me?   Hmmmmmm.

After a couple layers of Modge Podge the picture was shaper again and the colors a bit more dramatic.  Taking a sharpie in hand I drew what I normally draw...
...flowers!  Okay, I didn't really know what I was going to draw but this is what showed up!  Is it done? No but I'm not sure where to go next. I really didn't plan, anything I just went with whatever felt right at the moment.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...but this one is not done.   Stay tuned.

I took a picture of a couple more tags...

Oh, and I like my decision to keep the Santa Claus up throughout the year.   What do you think?
I like the two figures together.   See the rabbits?  There are more animals in the back of the Claus statue.

There's a new Weekly Journal Prompt posted...'Let's get personal!'.   Tomorrow, we'll take a look at where you are in relation to others.

Did you enjoy your weekend?
I hope you did...
Stay warm, or cool (if you're in the southwest where it's gotten a bit warm)
Talk to you tomorrow