Friday, June 3, 2016

CHRISTMAS PRESENT IN JUNE?


Well, this is even earlier than normal!   I usually see Christmas in July but I just read my first getting ready for Christmas in June!!!

I know, I know, many folks who have booths at Christmas Shows in November really need to begin to get ready so they have enough stuff to keep the booth full.  But sometimes I really think that we rush the calendar so much that we forget to enjoy the present.

And yet...and yet...many folks (including me if I'm honest) try to do a little work on holiday gifts all through the year.   Especially if we make our gifts.  I remember holiday seasons where I made a ton of gifts like small quilts at the last minute.   I also remember holiday seasons that got away from me and I wound up purchasing gifts.

So, I guess Christmas/Holiday in June is not so bad after all...

BUT, I still think that we rush our calendar far too much.   As soon as we celebrate the Fourth of July, the fall stuff comes out.   And come August, Halloween stuff is out, then September, Thanksgiving and October, Christmas...

Now, I don't mind rushing summer because it really isn't my favorite season but I want to relish fall - it is my favorite season.  As a matter of fact, Christmas is nowhere found in my home until after Thanksgiving.

I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes we think so much about future events that we forget to actually celebrate the day we have...and that even includes summer.  There are special celebrations that probably need a lot of advance planning and thought...weddings come to mind...even big holiday parties.  

But if you constantly live in the future, you really are shortchanging the present.   And consider that little word...the present...because the present really is a present, a gift for each of us to hold, enjoy, appreciate, wonder about and cherish.

Think about that this weekend...and have a great one!

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you next week...