Monday, June 6, 2016

ART TAG CHALLENGES, ADULT COLORING BOOKS AND THIS WEEK'S PLANS

Well, hello there.   How was your weekend?   We had a lot of cloudy days and rain including some rather bad weather in the area...just not here.   It seems like in this area of Brooklyn - Bay Ridge - the storms just part and go around us.  Interesting.   

ART TAG CHALLENGES
I have been a bit late in posting my Art Tag Challenges so today I decided I would catch up.   When I finished the monoprinting theme tags I realized that this was a lot of fun.   And I really need to experiment with different types of mediums as well as make multiple prints on one picture.   I have already posted the first four tags for the week, here are the last three...
In the first one, I took one print in red and then cut strips out of another print (in black) and glued it onto the fist tag.   I like the effect of the different designs in the black strips.   In the middle tag, I cut a heart out of a red print and glued it onto the beige print and then decorated with markers.   With the third tag, I just went crazy with markers on a light pink print.

The theme for this past week was the Sea.  Here are the first three tags...
I was still in love with monoprints for the first tag and used cutouts from a pink print.   I used an ink pad for the background.   This tag is called Catching Waves.   The middle tag I called A Fish of Many Colors and used markers to create a colorful fish.   The last tag was an experiment with ink pads.  The whole thing with the exception of a few marks with a green marker is created using only ink pads.

And the next set...
For the first tag in this picture, I used a Kleenex box cut in the shape of a tag.   I created the picture first with a white pen and then added some additional colors with gel pens.   The other tag called Waves is another study of wave designs this time using markers and colored chalk.

And the last set...
In this set of tags, I also used colored chalk for the first tag in pink and light blue but it doesn't reflect those colors.   I then drew several shells.   In the last tag, I decided to make a version of a color page with the word SEA in the middle.

ADULT COLORING BOOKS LINK
Do you use adult coloring books?   One of the blogs that I read, Collage Journals by Jane Davies, had a tutorial, actually a video, on how to make your own color pages.  If you're interested, check it out here.

THIS WEEK
I got the oil changed in Lady J in anticipation of a trip to Maryland to pick up my grandchild who will be staying with me for the rest of the summer.  She must have appreciated it because her ride is much smoother.

I am also looking at how to rearrange my apartment so that there is a place for my grandchild's stuff including a special area for the computer.

I've been thinking about things to do and making some plans.   Part of their time will be taken up with special training with one of my sons who lives in the area.  And, of course, we will be traveling out to Utah at the end of July.  We've been to the major museums, so I have to think about some new places to explore.   Any ideas?

There's a new weekly prompt posted...one that is helpful for me.   Explore Your Community!   I will have to do that right away to check out some interesting places to visit for children.

That's all for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...