Wednesday, June 22, 2016

HOME FROM MARYLAND WITH GRANDCHILD IN TOW...

Well, I'm back.   The trip to Maryland was a bit longer due to road work, but the trip back home (NYC) was really fast.  Yesterday was a day to relax, put away clothes, set up the computer and craft area for my grandchild and just basically veg out.

Today was talk day for me so we really didn't do much until early afternoon.   But then my grandchild made brunch...
A potato, mushroom, onion, bacon omelet.   It was delicious.

Supper, again made by my grandchild, was also excellent...
Fresh green beans steamed in the microwave, a chicken breast cut into small pieces and sauted, tossed with Asian noodles (in the same pan with all the drippings) and topped with a savory sauce.   Let me tell you, my grandchild can cook.   I could easily get used to this!!!

We have set up a sort of schedule...reading every day, brush up on academic studies in preparation for next year.   Mostly algebra, French and English.   Plus some time for art work.   Today we did some cute origami as well as drawing.

And we watched a couple movies, something I don't do very often but enjoy when I do.   It was warm so no outside exercise.   Tomorrow will be much cooler and that means a good long walk.

This is a short post, but I will get back in the groove tomorrow...

There's a new weekly journal prompt posted.  Explore your sense of adventure.   I will be doing that this summer, through the eyes of my grandchild.   Fantastic...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...