Monday, March 5, 2018

APPLIQUE PIECE DONE & ADDING A DEER...

So, how was your weekend? I indulged in a total reading day on Saturday. I read an entire novel called "Crunch Time" by Diane Mott Davidson, one of her longer novels. I did have the PBS cooking shows on in the afternoon and occasionally watched a segment.  But, mostly, I laid on my daybed and read...and read...and read...until I finished. Pure luxury!!!

I also finished my applique piece. Here it is on the canvas including the finished back.


I added a bead for the peacock eye, but it just didn't fit. So I used the gold thread and it looks much better. It's hard to see in this photo, but the gold veins on the leaves shimmer in the light. It's more traditional in nature but I enjoyed making it. And it's done...ready for the show.

I also worked a bit more on the piece with the tree. I did add a deer which needs some more detail work as does the tree, but, all-in-all, I do like it.

I went to my Monday Artists' Group. It was a bit cold in the wind. Speaking of wind, it looks like we are getting another nor'easter Tuesday night into Wednesday. Oh joy!

Keep warm, keep creating...
Talk with you tomorrow...