Monday, April 2, 2018

SNOW, PROJECTS, LAKES AND CRUISE SHIP


Well, today did not go as planned. I was going to my artists' group this morning but the predicted snow came...really it snowed in most of New York City. They even cancelled the Yankee's Opening Baseball Game!

Okay, so snow isn't too bad, especially when it will be gone by this afternoon. BUT...I looked out my window and saw no snow. What I did see was ice covering my fire escape...ice!!! That's a 'no-no' for me. Last thing I want is to fall down on an icy patch and break something.

I emailed the leader only to find out that most folks had let her know that they were also not coming and the demonstration scheduled for today will be done next Monday...whew!!!

So, what I did was to mount my tumbling teacups on a frame. I purchased a dozen flat twelve inch square primed painting canvases and some two by one inch wood. It's much cheaper than purchasing stretched canvases. I cut the wood pieces to fit the flat canvas, stapled them on (heavy duty stapler) and stretched on my tumbling teacups...

This weekend I worked on the sample piece. I wound up embroidering words. I placed it on a beige background and like that but think it needs more. I'm just not sure what. Here's the sampler taped onto a flat canvas...

And some close-ups...



I did go fishing on Saturday. Most of the snow was gone. Here are a couple of pictures of the lakes we fished in...


The straight flat area in the top photo is the top of an earthen damn. All the trees are budded out but nothing has really opened yet. I expect that things will be a lot different next week.

We left early, it was still dark out. As we were loading SnowWhite, a cruise ship entered the harbor. The moon was bright and you can see the Verrazano Bridge lights in the background on the left. The photo isn't too great, but it was fun to see...

Hope your holiday celebrations were fun this past weekend...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...