Friday, April 20, 2018

TIME, CATCH-UP & FINISHED PAINTING WITH FABRIC CREATION


I guess we have come to the end of another week. When I was working and raising a family, the days and weeks just flew by. I thought that when I was retired, days and weeks would slow down. In some respects they have but mostly, they still fly by...what a mystery.

So, I have to tell you that with the exception of the week that was when I was gone from sun up to sun down, I have been doing a good job with my decision to follow Julie Cameron's book. I have only missed (again with the exception of that one week) one day of doing morning pages. Walking, yoga and meditation have become more regular. I have missed four days with them. I am choosing not to beat myself up about missing some of the elements, just acknowledge the miss and continue on.

Today I finished up several little chores, made some chili, filled the outside bird feeder (there was finally no rain), moved SnowWhite back to a Friday spot, and straightened up my studio area which had devolved into quite a mess.

I also added a frame to the fabric painting picture and attached it to a frame. It's a bit off on one side but I decided not to take it off and reframe it. Here's what it looks like with a black border...

I enjoyed the freedom of this technique so much that I have two backgrounds all ready to go as well as my ample supply of scraps. I think that's what I will be working on this week.

I have been gathering my things for the two exchanges (teacup and mug) but I can't show them until after the exchanges have been received...probably in a couple weeks.

The weekend looks warm, sunny and wonderful. I will be fishing one day and looking at homes one day. Hope things work out...

And I hope you have a great weekend...
Thanks for visiting this week...
I look forward to talking with you next week...