Thursday, May 24, 2018

BEAUTIFUL DAY, SLIPCOVER (?) & NEW COLORS

NOTE: If you are here to see the 2018 Teacup & Mug Exchange,
please see the side column for the link.

I have to tell you that today was picture perfect outside. The brightest blue sky and glorious warm weather. Best of all, no rain.

One thing that I wanted to try to do was cover my ragged wingback chair
with a temporary loose fitting slipcover. Turned out to be harder than I thought but that might have been because I did not want to cut into the painters cloth. Here's how it turned out...
Not particularly great, but it works for me right now.  The chair, although old, has a good foundation so I will be making a fitted slipcover. But first I need to find some upholstery fabric on sale which may be a while.

The other thing I challenged myself to do was to work with colors I don't usually use in a fabric collage. Of course, I wanted to incorporate fringed thread...that seems to be my thing right now. Here's the piece...

...very different color for me. The middle section is fringed thread which I got from all the small pieces surrounding the thread. I think what I will do next is use a flat batting and do some more free motion quilting. If I like the results, then I will cover a flat canvas with a dark background and attach the piece. Before I add the batting though, I may do some bead work. I have to say that it does look better in person than on the photo and I'm not sure why. 

That's all for tonight...
Happy I finished before midnight...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...