Tuesday, May 29, 2018

MASTERPIECE MYSTERY & FUN WITH PAPER BEADS


Yesterday was a day of relaxation for me. Plans were to go out early (like 4:30am) to do a little fishing and maybe a picnic but starting back to the city by noon to avoid the mad dash later on. Unfortunately, one of the folks going was too sick, so after texting back and forth we decided to call it off. Thus, a day of relaxation.

I caught up with some missed Masterpiece Shows like 'Endeavour'. If you're not familiar with that series, it actually began with the very successful series 'Inspector Morse'. After that show stopped (33 two hour episodes), the show 'Lewis' was begun. Inspector Lewis was the subordinate of Inspector Morse in the previous series. Then, Masterpiece decided to show Inspector Morse's early years and called it 'Endeavour' because that was Inspector Morse's first name. My hope is that they will eventually begin another series with Inspector Lewis' subordinate, Inspector Hathaway. It really is a fantastic mystery series...all three of them.

So, after finishing the last fabric piece, I wanted to do something completely different. I had some magazines which needed to be recycled and thought that since the paper was much heavier than newsprint or even some of the popular ladies magazine's paper I would try making beads.

I have to say they are beautiful. I had to stop, though, because one of my hands was cramping up with the repetitive motion. And, no, I am not sure what I will be doing with them...most likely create a picture of sorts. I took the first picture fairly soon after beginning so I have about twice that many beads now.

I could make a necklace, or fringe on a fabric piece...



Or I could play around and create a picture...


On some of the paper beads, I used gold, bronze of silver sharpies to create edgings. I was actually surprised at how well they worked. You can see it on the two paper beads on either side of the center one in this photo...

Well, that's it for today...
I think I will finish watching the last episode of 'Endeavour'...
Summer has officially begun...
So everyone chill a bit more and enjoy more downtime...
Relax your standards...
A little dust and dirt won't make any difference in the long run...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...