Tuesday, May 22, 2018

RENEW, REUSE, RECYCLE DOWN MEMORY LANE!!!

Well, it rained again today...seems like 'GroundHog Day' all over again!!!  Tomorrow and the next two days are supposed to be bright and sunny and then thunderstorms for four days...just in time for Memorial Day Weekend!!!

So, yesterday I updated the Project 365 Something Challenge. Here's last week's tag challenge...

I tried some collage for that week...mostly torn from five pages of a single magazine. I like to challenge myself to use a limited amount of recycled resources. Guess that's a way of testing myself to see what I can come up with!

I should be good at that because for most of the time when the kids were growing up, I followed the reuse, renew or recycle theme not because it was popular but out of necessity. We simply had no extra money but with four kids, I was bound and determined to make sure they had the best life we could give them.

The bonus was that we did have a lot of fun. Oh, we didn't go to Disneyland or DisneyWorld...the kids were grown when I and my husband experienced it for the first time. And we were like kids, living a dream come true.

But we always found things to do, pets to adore, games to play, crafts to make, walks to take, picnics to enjoy, movies to watch (at home), music and, of course, fishing. Oh, that was definitely my thing, not my husbands.

So I find that recycling is right up my alley. I like to make containers out of tin cans. Doll houses out of cardboard boxes. Fabric pictures out of old clothing and fabric scraps.

We always had a garden...well, when the kids were young. My folks and their folks always had a garden too. I think that's why I want to move out of the apartment and into a home with a little land that I can raise a small garden on.

Home grown is always better than the stuff you get from the grocery store, unless they carry local. And even then, the produce is not usually from real heirloom seeds with fruit that looks...well, in some cases pretty disgusting...but the taste. Oh, you can't compare the taste especially with fish gene crossed tomatoes that grocery stores stock.

Wow, what a trip down memory lane.  Well, I have today things to do right now so I will close...

Thanks for dropping by on this journey down memory lane...
Talk with you tomorrow...
Keep dry...unless you need the rain...I'll try and send some...