Monday, June 25, 2018

EXHAUSTION & A NEW CREATIVE PROJECT


Last week was really exhausting.  First of all it was hot. And I noticed that my frig was not really as cold as I would like but I simply thought it was because of the heat and and humidity. Unfortunately I was wrong.

I went to get some ice on Thursday and realized that the ice cubes had returned to their warmer consistency...in other words, water!  The first thing I did was to clean out under the frig...yes, there was some cat hair but I do regularly vacuum the vent.  I also moved the frig and tried the old tried and true method...unplug it, count to ten and plug it in again. Nothing worked. 

I then emptied the frig of anything questionable afterwhich I tackled the freezer. Altogether, I threw out about three quarters of the entire contents. Anything on the floor of the freezer was still frozen. Anything above it was in stages of thawing!

That took care of Thursday.

Then Friday, from 9am when I told the apartment super until 4pm when I finally finished reloading  the used but working frig. they brought me, I was working in the kitchen. I think they brought up three before they had one that they could move into the apartment and into the kitchen.

Add to that the warm temperatures and I was a wet noodle.

Although recouping a bit over the weekend, I am still not up to par. I got ready to go to my Monday artists' group...got as far as the subway...but turned around and walked back home. I think I hurt just about everywhere plus nausea. Not sure why...

After resting a couple hours and taking some aspirins, I decided I had to do something creative. I decided to make a stylistic beach scene. I have lots of tiny shells which I can drill a hole in and secure to the piece. So first I took out several pieces of fabric to audition...

After ironing and cutting the pieces, this is what it looks like...

I am liking this so far. Next to sew down the pieces...this is another raw edge piece. Speaking of raw edges, I have noticed that there a lot of artistic fabric creations are using raw edges lately. Have you?

So in the above piece, you can see the sky (top four pieces), then the horizon line indicating where the ocean begins (next five pieces) and finally the beach (bottom six pieces). Along with the sea shells, I want to use some frilly white lace to represent waves. I thought this creation would look nice hanging off a piece of drift wood which I need to collect. 

The finished piece is going to be about twelve by twenty inches. I had a lot fabric left over so I plan on making three sizes with this one being the largest one.

Well, that's it for today...
Sorry I missed several days last week...
Thanks for continuing to check things out here...
Talk with you tomorrow...