Tuesday, June 19, 2018

LESS HEAT & CREATIVE DECISIONS


It wasn't quite as hot today...but still it is hot enough. The difference I feel is that it is less humid. I do have all three window fans working as all of them are in the shade. But it is getting to that time of day when everything stills and the heat and humidity set it...

The question I posed yesterday was whether to statin stitch the flower or do a meandering stitch. Well, I did both.  Here's the flower with the satin stitch...

I was happy with the way it turned out. I did have a bit of a problem with the sewing machine. I had to change gold thread in the middle and it's weight was a bit different than the previous spool.  It took a bit of trial and error, but I was able to adjust the top tension so it worked.

But from the next photo, you can see that I not only did the satin stitch, I also did random meandering on the petals and center...

Next, I am going to add some beadwork along with a border. I just have to decide what color works best.

Remember the paper beads I made to create a picture of sorts?

Well, I have been making lots more and I also have figured out how to finish the picture. Check this out...

I plan on filling in all the spaces on the right side, and then repeat the pattern on the left side starting at the top. I now have a concrete plan to finish this piece which is good because I have been stumped for quite a while.

That's all for today...
I have a member's show tomorrow so may not post until Thursday...
Thanks for sharing some of your time with me...
Talk with you later...