Thursday, November 29, 2018

FLOWERS GONE, HOLIDAY PREPARATIONS BEGINNING

I lost all three of my outside fall flowers but I only paid a couple dollars each because the stores were trying to get rid of them. All three survived the snowstorm but none survived one night of very cold temperature. It's been somewhat warm this week, although windy - in the 40's and the weekend looks even warmer. Next week, however, looks to be colder.

I finished taking inventory of all the stuff for the Holiday Charity that I and a friend are in charge of and I was pleasantly surprised.  I also finished taking all the pictures which I want to print out and share at the next meeting.

Now I need to begin filling the stockings. I figured that if I do about 40 a day, I should be done next week sometime, just in time to take the things to the different organizations and get the house ready for the tree. Wow, is it already that time?

So how are your preparations doing for the Christmas Holidays? I have finished shopping for everything that needs to be sent...just have to wrap and package them up.  Still have to shop for the local folks though.

And, of course, I need to take down the season of orange and put up the Christmas decorations. We will be cutting a tree the second weekend of December. (I hope all the Holiday Charity stuff will be out of here by that time. It will be nice to be able to reclaim my studio again.)

I have been looking for an ornament to make this year...one that I haven't done previously. Perusing Pinterest, I saw an oldie - the cinnamon, applesauce and glue ornament. I have always thought about creating them but have never made any. I think that might be the ornament I make to give away this year. I love the idea of making ornaments that have a wonderful fragrance.

Do you make ornaments to give? Have you every made this one? I'll let you know how they turn out when I make them, hopefully, next week.

Well, I really need to run some errands so I will close today...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk with you tomorrow...