Monday, December 3, 2018

'TIS THE SEASON...

This is the way it looked today...bright and sunny...and warm.  I went out to hang the holiday lights wearing a sweatshirt, fleece vest and jeans. I took off the vest because it was too warm.

I hung icicle lights over the garage doors and put a tree shape in front of the front door.  First of all, the front door is not usable (remember that part of the house was built in the 1700's). There is a nice small porch with two benches on either side. It is also one step down.

When I went to look at the outdoor decorations most all (except the most expensive) were gone, so I decided to make my own.  I bought five 7 foot dowels, connected them at the top and spread them out as if I was making a teepee.  I wound lights around each of the dowels and then around the entire tree.

It looked nice inside.  And I think it will look great outside. I had one more strand of lights left that I used to make a swag around the porch.  I will take pictures this evening and post them tomorrow.

Actually, it's almost dark so I when I went out to turn on the lights, I took a picture.  Here's the tree I made...


Today has been a clean-up day...you know clean up the frig, clean up the house, etc...you get the picture.  I am back on chauffeuring duty and it's still overtime, so early mornings and late evenings. Gets old after a bit...

I still have some time left to finish a couple things on my to do list including exercise which is what I am going to attempt now...wish me luck...

Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...