Friday, January 11, 2019

GETTING READY FOR THE WONKY WEAVING WORKSHOP


Today was bright and sunny but one of the coldest days we have had.  Definitely not a day that I would enjoy spending outside, especially with no snow to play in.

Day three of exercising...I completed the walking video.  It was a smidge easier but I have a long way to go.  And, unfortunately, I do not really enjoy exercising...it's like work that I procrastinate doing...you know, paying bills or cleaning the bathroom.

So, I finished getting ready for tomorrow's workshop on Wonky Weaving.  I cut out twelve pieces of cardboard and edged each with duct tape...

I then created a grid for a six inch square...

And finally, I cut 24 1/2 inch strips for each of the 12 sets...


We are going to try two types of weaving.  The first type I described in last Friday's post.  Stack two pieces of fabric, both right side up, then cut wavy lines.  When the fabric pieces are woven the result is something like this...

The second type, using the cardboard set, will show how weaving patterns change the results.

I'm looking forward to this class. It's always fun to see how participants come up with their own patterns.

Be sure to take some time for yourself this weekend...read, sleep, relax, whatever...do what you want to do.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you on Monday...