Wednesday, January 16, 2019

STORM ONE, STORM TWO


Okay, I wanted some snow...and it looks like we may get an inch or two. But that's the first storm. The second storm could either dump a ton of snow, a ton of rain or a ton of ice. Yiks! Ice!  And wind! You know what that adds up to, don't you?  Down power lines.

And whether we get rain or ice, the bottom drops out of the temperatures on Monday so one can guarantee ice at some point.  I saw lots of electrical workers out cutting down tree limbs that were too close to the lines today as I was out and about.  Looks like everyone was getting ready for the worse.

So, today I went out to get some supplies.  Another snow shovel...well, there are two male adults who can shovel the snow.  A bag of icemelt for right around the back door so we can safely get out of the house. And a ton of batteries.

But then, after researching the possibility of indoor heat, I ran across an indoor propane heater that was within my price range.  A big generator would be better but the ones that would help start at a thousand and that is way out of my comfort range.

I actually found one in the camper area of a large box store.  It was even cheaper than the same one on Amazon.  So I now have a small propane heater along with a couple small cans of propane.  If it works well, I did purchase a hose to connect it to larger propane tanks.  If nothing else, it could heat up my bedroom for an hour or so before bed.

And yes, it has features for shut off with low oxygen and I do have CO monitors.  But I would only use it sparingly.

I wanted to try something a bit different creative-wise and decided to try felt jewelry after seeing an article in the holiday issue of Cloth, Paper & Scissors.  Here are four felt cut outs...

And here is one that I am beginning...and believe me, I am at the very beginning of this process...

Well, tomorrow I am going to top off SnowWhite and then pick up any additional supplies needed just in case the storm is bad.  Hope all is well where you live.

Thanks for sharing some of your time here...
Talk with you tomorrow...