Tuesday, March 12, 2019

LIFE'S LITTLE FRUSTRATIONS...

This picture was taken in Alabama at the Grand Hotel close to Fairhope, Alabama.  

So, although I am home and getting back into routine, or at least trying to...I seem to be, or at least feel, stalled.  While I am accomplishing things, it seems like nothing is getting done.  Do you ever feel that way? Like you know what you want to do but you can't quite get to where you want to go?

Things like cleaning, laundry, unpacking, straightening, etc are getting done but the things that I feel are important just seem to slide by...like getting my ETSY Shop open, or back to writing, or any of the other special projects that I want to do.

I have revamped my morning routine to see if that helps.  So, when I get up, I run through my French lesson for the day.  (I have been learning French on Duolingo.)  

Then I write my morning page.  Yes, I did say page.  I found that the three pages which Julia Cameron suggests is too much, so I decided to commit to one.  And if more needs to be written, I would continue, if not, one page is enough.  

I also do one exercise in my 'Start Where You Are' journal.  Then it's off to feed the cats and start my tea. And while my tea is brewing, I walk/run my first mile using one of the Leslie Sassone's videos on You Tube.  

After than I fix breakfast which usually consists of an egg, a small piece or sausage or a strip of bacon and one other item like a slice of tomato or piece of fruit.

Then it's time to do tackle my to-do list.  By the way, I made a form, single page, to see if that helps getting me out of whatever I am in...

The Morning Craft Devotion is from a book by Barbara Call called The Crafter's Devotional: 365 Days of tips, tricks, and techniques for unlocking your creative spirit.  I have written about this book before and still enjoy it.  I don't use all the ideas but one idea may lead to another and another.  So I found this brief read quite helpful.

And yes, I am still working on my weight. I find that if I do not weigh myself or take an inventory of what I eat, the pounds creep back on. And no, I do not limit myself.  I do eat what I want, when I want, I just write it down to keep track.

Maybe I am still recovering from my vacation...that is a good possibility.  I do know that the increase in sunlight has helped greatly.  And I am looking forward to getting outside and creating a small container garden.  But, I still need to get to my special projects including opening my ETSY Store.

Oh well, I feel it will come in due time...
Thanks for listening...
Hope things are well with you...
Looking forward to visiting with you tomorrow...