Monday, March 11, 2019

I AM HOME...FINALLY!!!

Although the azalea flowers were not in full bloom, there were lots of flowers blooming in Alabama when I was there...and this is one of them.  Isn't it just beautiful?

So, my one special plan for driving home was to drive over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel that runs from Norfolk, VA to the southern tip of Delaware-Maryland-Virginia (known as Del-Mar-Va).

It was fun but there was no place to park and take pictures on the bridge.  At the first tunnel there was a large cruise ship going over the tunnel as I was driving through it.  Absolutely wild!

There is a toll but as I paid with my E-ZPass, I am not sure how much.  On the Del-Mar-Va side there was a place to stop and take pictures.

The first one is of the birds on the shore...lots of them...

The second one is of the bridge...as far as you can see...

Taking this route avoids all the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD traffic which is a bonus, especially at the time I was going to begin driving - basically rush hour.

One thing that surprised me was the number of cotton fields in Virginia on the Del-Mar-Va side.  I guess I didn't realize that it was that warm. 

So when I got home, there was still lots of snow on the ground in Cornwall and on our yard.  It has melted with the higher temperatures and I think by the end of the week (especially when we will be in the high forties and fifties) most of the snow will be gone.

And now I need to turn my attention back to getting things straight including unpacking my suitcases and bags.  I need to go through my clothes because there is much I do not wear.  Ditto to my studio supplies, but that will take a bit longer.

Today, I am just happy to get back to a regular schedule and sleep in my bed...I sleep in my truck at truck stops when I travel.

Talk with you tomorrow...
I have lots of pictures to share...
Enjoy the rest of your day...
Thanks for stopping by...