Monday, October 28, 2019

HALLOWEEN THIS WEEK...

All Of Us Have The
Possibility To Choose
Life With More Or Less


Today began with very warm temperatures.  I actually had the door and windows open for several hours.  Course, now, late afternoon, the temperatures have dropped so I closed up the house.  

Lots of cleaning today, along with working outside getting ready for winter.  We had some high winds lately causing electrical outages.  I have to remember to keep my electronics charged.  The last time - about ten days ago - that we lost electricity, it was for several hours.

We have also had lots of rain.  As a matter of fact, rain is forecast again tomorrow.  Not complaining though, we need the water.

I enjoyed spending some time at the Barnes and Nobel magazine wall this past Saturday - my artist's date.  It's been a long time since I purchased any magazines and I was lucky to find four of them to enjoy.

So Halloween is this Thursday...know what that means?  Thanksgiving is coming up fast.  It is late this year...November 28th,  But don't let that fool you.  It will be here in a blink of an eye.  

This year I want to serve an organic turkey from one of the local farms.  Every time I purchase meat or poultry from them, it is so much better than anything I get at the grocery stores.

I am still looking for one more comfortable chair to use in the living room...read that a recliner.  Used but in good condition.  So far the two I purchased (one from Salvation Army and one from Goodwill) have been great.  

And as we are going to have company for Thanksgiving it would be nice to have at least one more comfortable chair to sit in especially as we all enjoy watching football and specials.

I got back into exercising today...back to walking.  I started with a fast mile.  Pretty much out of breath by the end but I was able to stay with it.  I find it interesting how easy it is to stop a habit like exercising.  Maybe that's because I am so more active in the spring, summer and fall than in winter.

Well, that's all for today...
Football tonight...
Stay well...

TOMORROW'S PROMPT
When you look at a half filled glass,
do you see it half full or half empty?
What does that say about you?