Wednesday, January 29, 2020

THIRD FABRIC POSTCARD DONE...



I really didn't have any design in mind for the postcard so I began with my quilting meditation and created a four inch square design...
Not great but it did give me an idea which is exactly what this exercise is designed to do. So I began working on my fabric postcard.

First I fussy cut several fabric flowers and arranged them on the background.  When I liked the design, I hand appliqued each flower unto the background using a gold metallic thread.

Here's a close-up...

Then I played with the beadwork.  After trying several different ways to use beads, I decided that staying in the center of the flowers would work best.  After I added the beads, I used the gold thread again to emphasize petals, etc.  Here's the result...

And another close-up...

I like this one even better than the other two!

What do you think?  Here are the others...


Well, each one has it's own unique design qualities:  Landscape, Modern & Applique.  Which do you like best?

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...