Monday, March 30, 2020

JOURNAL COVER...


The grass is green, clover flowers are sprinkling white all over the yard, some of the spring bulbs have begun to bloom and the bush outside my studio window has a ton of buds ready to open...but no dandelions yet!

Tomorrow is the last day of March and I don't know about you, but April's Fool Day just doesn't seem the same.  There is no fooling around with this novel CoVID 19 virus!  Absolutely none!  Even if you are bored out of your mind and going stir crazy...STAY AT HOME...as much as possible.

I thought I would share one of my 'Junk Journal' covers.  It's fabric sewn in strips.  I put a layer of batting first, then the cover...
The lace is what holds it together.  I didn't really like the bow tied with the lace so I may change and put a decorative piece of ribbon instead.

Here is the inside front cover...
You can see that I brought the fabric outside cover half way onto the inside cover. 

And here is the back cover...
Again, I did bring in the fabric cover to the inside cover.  The rest of the inside cover is blue...not sure why it shows up as white.

Where the inside and outside fabric covers overlapped, I did a quick hidden stitch on all four edges for a more finished look.   I have already shown the inside pages here over the past posts so I decided not to repeat. 

I was happy with the way this cover looked.  I am still making pages and now I am watching videos on YouTube to get more ideas!!!

Fabric will come back but I am going to just enjoy this cut and paste activity until I get tired of it.

Keep safe and stay well...
Talk with you tomorrow...