Wednesday, June 2, 2021

My latest Journal Case...

The sun isn't really shining...well it probably is but with the cloud cover, it's not reaching the ground here.  Not a good day to mow the lawn but with rain again tomorrow, it might be the best day this week.

Well as promised, I took pictures of my journal case this morning to post today. 

The first picture is the journal closed with a cloth strap around it to hold in the journal itself...


The next picture is of the strap undone but fastened in the front to keep it out of the way...
 

Left side open which contains different sizes of drawing ink pens...


Right side open with a selection of drawing pencils and colored pencils plus space for eraser and sharpener in bottom pockets...


Middle section with journal...


Middle section under the journal which has watercolor palette and brushes plus water spritzer...


And finally, the case fully open...


I was going to add a hard base to all three sections but found it did not work well.  I then tried adding a hard base to the middle section but did not like that result either.  So I decided to simply use a batting and stitching to give the case some stiffness.  And I do like the way it turned out.  A sampling of everything needed for a daily journal.

That's all for today...