Thursday, December 9, 2021

25 Days of Christmas Crafts - Day Nine - A Quilted Fabric Tree



I woke up to a thin layer (1/4 inch) of snow.  And it was gone by noon.  And the temperature is forecast for tomorrow is in the 60's.  

I began putting the decorations on the tree starting with the very large gold balls.  Each time I walk by I try and put on at least five balls.  All the large gold balls (They are 4 inches wide!) are on and about half of the medium gold balls are on...and you know what, I will be able to put all of them on the tree even though it is a small tree.  I hang all the gold balls on the inside close to the middle...it triples the look of the lights!

Today's decoration is a hand sewn quilted fabric tree...

Supplies needed are:  
Fabric and matching thread, batting, needle, lace & scissors...

Cut two pieces of fabric the shape of a tree
basically a triangle - add 1/2 inch all around for seam allowance...

Fold the the edges in about 1/2 inch 
and iron - both pieces...

Next cut a piece of batting to go 
inside the one side of the fabric tree...

Place the wrong sides of the front and back pieces together 
and sandwich lace on the edge.  Pin to hold...

Using the matching thread, hand sew with a 
running stitch all around the edge.  Note, 
you can use a sewing machine as an alternative
to hand sewing...

I hand sewed a piece of yarn to hang 
the tree with a bow at the top.  
I also quilted the tree with a running
stitch around the inside of the tree...

Enjoy...
Talk with you tomorrow...