Thursday, January 20, 2022

January 20: Affirmations


What a surprise...this is what I woke up to this morning...more snow.  The kind that clings to everything!  It was beautiful out.  Course, I need to shovel the stuff and it is heavy.  I have the driveway about half done.  I decided that I would clean it in two or three segments rather than all at once.  Like I said, a bit heavy!!

I hope you are continuing to say and think positive things about yourself.  I know it does feel a bit silly and kind of artificial but keep it up.  I know folks who look at the mirror every morning and greet themselves with affection.  And I have seen a difference in how they feel about themselves.

When you begin your daily routine with positive notes, it even affects how the day goes.  Continue the experiment with the positivity.  In the evening, evaluate how you feel about yourself and how your day went.  It may take a bit of time, but eventually your mind will understand that you do like yourself and those negative feelings will pop up less and less.

Tomorrow is self portrait day.  Remember, it does not have to look like you, only represent who you are.  It could be a collage of words or pictures of things that are important to you.  It may be fabric that you are attracted to or colors that you wear.

Talk with you tomorrow...

Keeping democracy is definitely worth the effort.